Enter the Contest
How to Enter
- Save the entry form to your computer
- Review the rules below and indicate that you are in agreement with the rules and regulations by checking the box at the bottom of page 4.
- Fill out this document in it’s entirety. Save again.
- Email this completed, saved form to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Right click the link and click
"save as" or "save link as".)
2012 WIFTA "Short Shorts" CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND ELIGIBILITY: The 2012 WIFTA "Short Shorts" Contest (the "Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), 12 years of age or older. Women in Film and Television Alberta Society ("WIFTA") and their employees, advertising agencies, other representatives or agents and members of the respective immediate families of such persons, or anyone with whom such persons are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest. The Contest will open for entry at 00:01 MST on January 15, 2012 and will close at 23:59 MST on April 1, 2012. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by WIFTA. (the "Sponsor") of c/o Borden Ladner Gervais LLP 520 3 Ave SW Calgary, Alberta T2P 0L2
3. HOW TO ENTER: Contestants may upload videos to YouTube or Vimeo and copy and paste that URL in the entry form on the WIFTA website (www.wifta.ca) in any of three categories 2 minute Shorts, Non-Profit PSA, Commercial, Kids and Opening and Closing Animation Sequence. Each video must be either produced, written or directed by a woman or be about a women's issue. Details as to the specific criteria in each category is as follows:
2 Minute Short:
Maximum Length: 2 minutes
Non-Profit Public Service Announcement
Maximum Length: 1 minute
Maximum Length: 1 minute
Eligibility: Must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years old at the time of entry
Maximum Length: 30 seconds
Maximum Length: 15 seconds
Content: Title sequences for Shorts Short Awards Telecast
Contestants may also enter the contest by sending their full name, address and telephone number to WIFTA and enclosing a compact digital video disc and mailing it to the address below. No purchase necessary. Enter as often as you wish. Mail each entry separately bearing sufficient postage to:
c/o Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
520 3 Ave SW Calgary, Alberta T2P 0L2
To be eligible, mailed entries must be post marked no later than 23:59 PM April 1, 2012
1. PRIZE: The prizes in each category are as follows:
All contestants will be provided with a free one year membership to WIFTA upon entering the Contest.
2 Minute Short: 1st Prize $1,000 cash, 2nd Prize: $500 in cash or services/products, 3rd Prize:$300 in cash or services/products
Non-Profit (Public Service Announcement): 1st Prize $1,000 cash, 2nd Prize: $500 in cash or services/products, 3rd Prize:$300 in cash or services/products
Kids: 1st Prize $1,000 cash, 2nd Prize: $500 in cash or services/products, 3rd Prize:$300 in cash or services/products
Commercial: 1st Prize $1,000, 2nd Prize:$500 in cash or services/products, 3rd Prize:$300 in cash or services/products
Closing Animation Sequence One winner selected $1,000 cash prize
The Contest winner, or if the winner is a minor their parent/guardian, is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded in person at the awards telecast on May 6, 2012. If a Contest winner is unable to attend the awards telecast another winner will be selected.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winning submission and second and third place in each category will be chosen by a panel of judges comprised of WIFTA board of directors and members from all eligible entries, and announced by April 20, 2012. The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone. To win, the selected entrant must have complied with these official contest rules and must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question, to be administered by WIFTA during a pre-arranged, mutually-convenient telephone call. If the selected entrant cannot be reached on or before May 1, 2012, or fails to correctly answer the skill testing question, or cannot attend the awards show telecast taping on May 6, 2012, the Prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be chosen from the original entrants. Should the winning entrant be under 18 years of age at the date the entrant entered the Contest, the entrant must have his or her parent or guardian's written consent in order to be a Prize winner. The Contest winner and, if applicable his or her parents/guardians, may also be required to complete and return a standard declaration of eligibility and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded within seven (7) days of being notified (the "Declaration"). Failure to return a properly executed Declaration within the required time period and/or non-compliance with Contest requirements will render the potential Contest winner ineligible to win. The name of the Prize winner will be available upon request by writing to WIFTA at the above address. Decisions of WIFTA in respect of the Contest are final.
3. CHANCES OF WINNING: The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Submissions will be judged on creativity, content, and effort as assessed by a panel of judges comprised of the board of directors and members of the Sponsor.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants and in the case of contestants who are minors their parents/guardians agree to abide by the terms of these official rules, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and may be posted, at the discretion of the Sponsor, on their website, it's Facebook™ page, or in any other media. Each Contest winner, and in the case of Contest winners who are minors, their parents/guardians agree to submit a digital photograph of the Contest winner with the Prize as requested to the Sponsor, such picture and any material submitted as an entry into the Contest may be posted on the WIFTA website, the Sponsor's Facebook™ page or in any other media (except where this requirement is prohibited by law). Acceptance of the Prize constitutes Contest winner or in the case of a Contest winner who is a minor their parents/guardians' consent to Sponsor's use of Contest winner's entry video, name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information, and province of residence for promotional, publicity, or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review, or consent (where allowable).
5. In the event that the operation, security, or administration
of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not
limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its
sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment
and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of
these official rules; or (b) award the Prize from among the eligible
entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the
right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be
tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be
acting in violation of these official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. OFFENSIVE CONTENT AND OTHER RIGHTS Entrants shall not submit illegal, pornographic, offensive, libellous, defamatory, or tortuous content, or content that is unlicensed or otherwise infringes on intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including without limitation, copyright.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, entrants and, in the case of entrants who are minors, their parents/guardians agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability or injuries, loss or damage of any kind, claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) intellectual property infringement; (g) injury or damage to persons or property; (h) offensive content; (i) the distribution or publication of submissions, in accordance with WIFTA's distribution or publication policy; and (j) any screening or control WIFTA may have over the content; which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize. Entrant, and in the case of entrants who are minors their parents/guardians, further agree that in any cause of action, the Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant and in the case of entrants who are minors their parents/guardians waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant and in the case of entrants who are minors their parents/guardians agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of Alberta. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Alberta, without giving effect to any choice of law rules which may direct the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
10. PRIVACY NOTICE AND CONSENT: Entrants must grant their consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by WIFTA its, agents and representatives, for purposes of the promotion and management of the Contest, by completing a Declaration and where appropriate, having their parents/guardians complete the Declaration.